Monday, December 6, 2010

Pete-y is here!

Pete-y, our elf (Elf on the Shelf), flew in last night from the North Pole and landed in a vase on our mantel. We couldn't believe it--it's been almost a year since we've seen him, but he looks just the same! If you've never heard of Elf on the Shelf, it is a Christmas tradition for children and families. Basically, Santa sent us an elf back in 2009. We named him Pete-y (but we are never allowed to touch him). He arrives every morning in a different place in our house (starting a few weeks before Christmas). He watches what we do all day, and then he reports back to Santa at night. It's fun to find him every morning--where will he show up next? The chandelier? The top of the Christmas tree? We never know where we'll find him!

Pete-y was in the vase on our mantel this morning, but no one noticed, and we were half-way through breakfast before Jack screamed out, "Pete-y! Pete-y's here!" I started cracking up because I had totally fogotten that I put him out....ummm, I mean that Santa told me Pete-y would be here:)

Pete-y, the elf. Santa's helper/mom's bargaining tool

Jack: Mom, will you read me one more book?
Me: No, we've read all the books we're going to read tonight. It's bedtime.
Jack: NO! I want to read one more.
Me: Jack, really? Do you want to disobey Momma on Pete-y's first night here? What do you think he's going to tell Santa when he heads back to the North Pole tonight?
>>>Jack climbs into bed and when I ask him what we should pray for tonight, he says, "Pete-y."

1 comment:

Linda said...

Ha, so cute! Love the Petey Power!!!

Love you Jack! Love you Sam!

And love my creative baby Girl, too!