Friday, December 17, 2010

Chocolate-covered Pretzels

Well, I usually make a batch of sweet and spicy nuts for Christmas gifts for friends and neighbors, but this year was the year of the rod--pretzel rod! My little elves helped me roll the chocolate covered rods in a variety of crushed goodies. Crushing candies and nuts is great fun for preschool-aged boys, and--it turns out--so is rolling chocolate-covered rods in crushed toppings:) This was such a fun, quick, yummy activity that I think it will become an annual event. The boys and I rolled rods for about 30 minutes. Then, I put them to bed. An hour later, my mom called and asked what I was doing. "Rolling rods!" I responded. Then, I explained what that meant and realized I was addicted--I couldn't stop until all the chocolate was gone. I just kept rolling and rolling and rolling, which our neighbors appreciated:)

Rods. The really fat ones are Jack's and Sam's...go figure...extra chocolate, extra toppings!

Sam, shows off his favorite, crushed candy cane. Notice he's wearing his Superman costume. This was during his Superman phase, a time period which lasted about two weeks in which we rarely saw him without his "SuperSam" muscle suit.

Jack's favorite, crushed M&M. Evidence that he sampled a few remains on his lower lip:)

No comments: