Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Free Bird!

Jack learned to ride without training wheels using a small, borrowed bike.
Rick made him practice without pedals and a lowered seat to get a sense of balance...

Then, they worked on curbs and turning for quite a while after he "got it."

Look at that turn! Rick taught Jack how to ride without training wheels while I was in Nashville. I got a call Sunday afternoon, "Mommy, I can ride my bike without training wheels!" I was so proud of him!
Still pedaling! I got to witness it first hand on Monday afternoon, and I have to admit, it was hard to let go. I guess I had to wrap my brain around it--Rick had shown me the pictures; I knew Jack could do it by himself, but I just couldn't let go of that seat the first time!

Success! What a big boy!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Holy Cow - you are amazing Jack! I did not know anyone that young could ride a bike without training wheels! Incredible!!! You are awesome!!!