Thursday, May 6, 2010

Early Mother's Day Gift

My friend Charlotte is about to adopt a newborn baby boy due in early June. Realizing that time is ticking away, she asked me to go to the beach with her for a girls' weekend. And because I have such a generous, giving, sacrificial husband, I was able to go and relax with her before she becomes a mommy of two boys (I had a lot to share with her about that!).
We enjoyed walks and runs on the beach, reading trashy magazines, lying out in the sun, going out to eat, and living life without a schedule! The weather was great, and we had an absolutely wonderful time.
Charlotte and I on the pier at Oak Island, NC

My formerly vegetarian friend cracks some crab legs with me. I knew she was an omnivore at heart!
I just had to take this picture for posterity. It's good to remember.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Wow, you are spoiled, but how much fun for you and Charlotte. Tell her I said, "Congrats" on the new little boy! How much fun!