Monday, April 26, 2010

NashVegas

Kristi, Ruth, Colleen, and I went out Saturday night to listen to some bands. It's obvious why they call Nashville "Music City," everywhere you walk you can hear music.

I'm standing on the pedestrian bridge heading over to LP Field where the Tennessee Titans play. Downtown Nashville is behind me, and I'm wearing my commemorative race jersey and medal.

This past weekend, three friends and I traveled to Nashville for the 11th annual Country Music Marathon. Colleen, Ruth, and I ran the half marathon and Kristi cheered us on. The course was quite hilly, but I still ran my 2nd fastest time. This was my fourth half marathon in 6 months!

The forecast for race day was severe thunderstorms, tornado warnings, large hail stones, with temperatures in the mid-60's. We really lucked out, the race weather was actually pretty perfect, and with a band placed at every rolling mile it was a fun, but challenging race with 30,000 participants! Within an hour of finishing, the skies parted and it got really windy and rainy--just in time for a hot shower and a big, fat nap!
We slept through the rain and wind, then got out to listen to some music. Thanks to Rick, I actually knew a few of the country songs. The main strip was behind our hotel, and it was quite the tourist trap (thus the title "NashVegas" on this post), but oh so fun to walk through!

On the way home, we stopped at The Cracker Barrel for a yummy breakfast to stockpile some calories after burning so many the day before. When I talked to my mom, she asked "Did you win?" Yes, Mom. I came in 5, 679th place--aren't you proud? It was a great weekend!
Pucker up, Elvis!

At the expo, Colleen, Ruth, and I posed with the running mannequins.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I hope Rick didn't see you kissing Elvis...ahem.

And yes, I am very proud! You failed to mention how many runners there were! You did great!