Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Anniversary, "Uncle" and Traci!

Happy anniversary to you! Happy anniversary to you! Happy anniversary "Uncle" and Aunt Traci...Happy anniversary to you!

The (short) Story of "Uncle"
When Jack was not quite three months old, we were in Michigan at his Cousin Averi's house. One morning, after not getting much sleep, I was a little ummm...slow and sleepy and all-around deprived of most basic human needs when Uncle Jason came down to play with the kids. I was trying to tell Jack something about Jason when I completely forgot Jason's name. I think I cleared my throat and tried to pull it off as if I choked on my coffee, but it just wouldn't come to me. Jason was gracious--even giving me a second or two more than most people would--but, I ended up sounding ridiculous. It went something like this: "Jack, look at what Uncle (long, long, ridiculously long pause) is doing." From then on, he was known as "Uncle."

1 comment:

Linda said...

Very cute story Christi! Now we know who UNCLE is and Uncle PP.