Saturday, April 30, 2011

2nd Annual Nashville Country Music Marathon & Half

Nashville is a pretty cool city



Cathy, me, and Amy on the pedestrian bridge overlooking downtown Nashville

All the girls! This is all of us out for dinner Saturday night after the race. It was the first half marathon for the two sisters on the left. They did great!

Goofing off in front of the race countdown clock at the expo.


Also at the expo--having fun with the props:)



Well, 2nd annual for me, at least:) Ahhhhhh! This year was soooo much better! The weather, the course, the company--we had a blast! It was my 8th 1/2 marathon, but it was also my redemption race. Last year, this race defeated me. I had run a 1/2 two weeks prior, 2 days before the race I lost my running buddy (who lost her childcare), and the weather was so humid and crazy. I remember coming home not wanting to run (or even think about it) for a few weeks:(


This year, the course--although still hilly and rolling--was slightly altered, the weather was perfect, and I ran with a buddy or two until mile 11. I felt great and was able to sprint at the end. Amy's sisters joined us, and it was fun getting to know them. All in all, a great weekend!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Wow, so proud of you! Looks like a great fun weekend!