Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I'm NOT Slacking!

So, I've been MIA for the last couple of weeks for a few reasons, but I'm not giving up on this blog thing--I've had over 12,000 visitors in the last 18 months (which is a total fluke and has no direct correlation to the quality or content of this website, but is a funny story--ask me about it some day)!

Reasons:
#1 Both of my boys have been sick. First, Jack came down with a cough and head cold. Then, Sam threw up for an entire night. Next, Sam came down with a cough and head cold (thanks, big brother!). And finally, Jack threw up for an entire day (thanks, li'l brother!).

#2 My computer picked up a virus, which caused Rick to declare war on it. Seriously, I'd be upstairs painting (see #3), and I'd hear him yell out. I'd go downstairs and he'd be pumping his fists in the air--another small battle won in the war. Then, he'd spend a few more hours installing, removing, running programs, following steps. More yelling. He monopolized the machine for the last two weeks, finally wiping the hard drive clean and ordering me a new laptop, which I picked up today and I'm typing on right now--yea! And, now, Jack has his very own computer to play Curious George games on pbskids.org!

#3 I decided to finish painting our bedroom (walls, doors, trim, window grills--everything!). I started painting it about 15 months ago while Rick was out-of-town on business, finished one wall in one night, and hadn't touched it since. He kept calling the color "poop brown." I kept reassuring him it was "caramel." Finally, I couldn't stand it any longer. It took me just over two weeks to finish it (well, 15-months and two weeks), but it's done...and I think it's beautiful. Once I figure out how to access my pictures from this new machine, I'll post them.

#4 Nothing much happens in January.

No comments: