Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Playschool Update

Thanks, everyone, for asking about Jack and how playschool is going. The answer is GREAT! The first day of school, Jack looked at me in fear when he realized I was leaving. He let out a silent, little cry, but I just hugged him, told him to have a good morning, and I'd be back in a bit. My neighbor called me a few minutes later to tell me that she was dropping her daughter off (Katherine, middle in photo) at the classroom next door to Jack, and when she saw him he was not crying--just clinging to Ducky and looking a little scared. Good. Not a minute after I hung up the phone, my other neighbor called to say the exact same thing (her son, Noah, right in photo). That day--and every day since--at pick-up time, Jack jumps in the car with a huge smile, and I ask him, "Did you have fun?" And his response is an emphatic "YES!" Then, all the way home he tells me about the fun things he did with his teachers and classmates. To warm my heart even more, he jumps out of the car in the morning with the same gusto--smile on and spring in his step. Needless to say, Sam Cash and I are enjoying the one-on-one time, my house is a little--please hear my high-pitched voice and imagine that I'm almost touching my thumb to my index finger--little cleaner, and sometimes--again the high-pitch--sometimes, Momma gets a shower in the morning!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

They look so cute together! Glad Jack is enjoying preschool.

Linda said...

How cute, how handsome, how grown up! My baby boy that I tried to beat to North Carolina, but he made it first!

And now school...wowow!

My handsome man! Grandma loves him!!!