Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Get in my Belly!



After a slow start, Sam has finally become quite the food connoisseur. I'm not even really sure he tastes food anymore...it's more like, well, inhalation. I can barely get the spoon to his mouth fast enough, and he's yelling for more. The nightmares of having to raise a picky eater have subsided. He likes food!
Really, after Jackson, it would've been difficult to deal with pickiness. It doesn't even matter what you offer Jack, just call it a "snack," and he'll accept it. In fact, it has become the joke among our little circle that within minutes of greeting any of his friends, he somehow ends up with a snack cup or bag that doesn't belong to him. The funny thing is, his friends just accept this. There's really not a struggle. The transaction happens quietly, and it usually takes me a few minutes to realize what has gone down and then attempt to fix it. I even have a friend that packs an extra snack for Jack in her diaper bag, and whenever we go anywhere with her, he eventually positions himself to fish it out--much to her delight and my chagrin.
Okay, I digress, this post is about Sam! A Jack-in-training! Now I sleep sans nightmares, a peaceful, dream-less sleep. Bon Apetit, Sam!

1 comment:

Linda said...

What a boy! He is so cute and so happy when things like elephants and newspapers don't disrupt his life. What a joy!

Love ya Sam,
Grandma