Sunday, April 27, 2008

Just what I needed

Something to Smile about

Friday morning at around 8 a.m., Jack was still sleeping, so I picked up Sam to feed him without getting out of bed. I turned on the news. Rick was just waking up, so it was just the three of us enjoying some lazy time before the day started. Sam is so alert when he finishes a meal, and he was getting a lot of attention from his parents when...he did it. He smiled! Once for me and once for Rick. Two smiles.

I have to tell you, after four long weeks of interrupted sleep, a girl needs a smile. Something to keep her going, you know. Well that did it. I should be good for another month or so, but I'm sure we'll hit another milestone before then.

Until then, thanks for the smile, Sam!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Smiling as I read it! :)