Friday, February 6, 2009

Get out da Noise, Get out da Funk!



I'm spoiled. The realization of this came to me over the last week. People who know me well, know that there are two things that make me look like this (a self-portrait, thank you): #1- lack of food and #2- lack of sleep.

Sam came down with a bacterial infection a week ago; last night was the first night since then without crying...screaming...coughing...gagging...more crying and screaming. One night, we were up together for almost two hours and actually watched Legally Blonde 2: Red, White, and Blonde on television (hey, it was the only thing on that wasn't an infomercial--Snuggy, anyone?). My little boy had gone six full months without so much as a peep in the middle of the night, but this infection rocked his little world, and all the sudden he's noisy at night, and--as if I'm the mom of a newborn--I'm suffering from #2-induced self-portrait. It's my un-spoiling.

It didn't help that Sam got the funk the very day that Rick returned from an 8-day business trip. I was looking for relief, but I just couldn't find it! Now, Sam is better just in time for Rick to leave town (this time four days AND over a weekend) and Jack to...get funky himself (cold, cough, fever, pink eye). I'm tired, I'm cranky, I'm funky. And now I'm going to bed...shhhhhhh.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Poor Girl! Do you need me to send you one of those comfy snuggy's...tee, hee!

You did well girl, both boys are loved, well-cared for all the while you were sick yourself. That is a lot of work alone!

When all is well treat yourself to a new do to cover the bald spots. Ha.

Love ya,
Mom