Friday, June 25, 2010

Saddle Ridge Ranch

The theme of our church's VBS this year was "Saddle Ridge Ranch." I was looking forward to sending Jack each morning for a week, when my bible study leader and good friend Karen emailed me to ask me if I'd be interested in being the craft coordinator. Yes, of course, I was. So, all three of us (Sam was in the 2's/3's class for the volunteers kids) went to VBS. I have to be honest, there was a part of me that was mourning the loss of a low-key week with just Sam, so I was pleasantly surprised to realize that it was really fun to be the craft coordinator! Sam's teachers did a great job of trying to include his class in the VBS activities, and it was fun peeking in on him. He really treasured the take-home crafts from his classroom, including a picture frame that said, "Wanted...By God!" with his picture inside it. Roary was in the picture at the very bottom-left corner. He actually got a little upset that Roary's body was covered by the frame, so I told him he could peel back the picture to peek at Roary. He took the picture frame to nap with him, and when I went in to get him after nap, the frame was in pieces and Roary was freed! Sam held up the wooden scraps and said, "Roary, no, no, no!" He proceeded to carry that (frameless) picture around for a week. Jack had lots of fun and learned a lot, too! Noah and Katherine joined us for the week and even ended up in the same class as Jack.

From left: Sam, Noah, Katherine, and Jack on "Field Hand" Day.


Jack, Gallop, Sam, and Marshall Joe (Pastor Joe).

1 comment:

Linda said...

Ahh...very sweet! And I agree, the very things we dread or think we are missing out on by not being able to stay at home, become the biggest blessings when we get involved! I love the picture frame!!! Such a cute idea!