Monday, July 20, 2009

Swimming in MI...Brrrrrr!




Well, we drove 14 hours to Michigan, and when we got there the weather was cool! Our first full day in the Great North was Rick's family reunion at his sister's house. I'm not sure if the temperature reached 70, but it did not stop the boys from swimming and me from taking a nap (bundled up, thank you!). We actually enjoyed almost a full week of cool weather before summer arrived in time for the 4th of July. Unfortunately, as I was packing up in balmy NC, my warm-weather brain did not plan for such cold weather (no jeans/long-sleeve shirts in our suitcases!). But, fortunately, as I scanned through our house one last time before leaving on our crazy journey, I did throw the boys' sweatshirts on top of the pile of luggage. Forgive me if most of the pictures look as if they were taken in one day. That wasn't the case--we just all continued to wear the same warm clothes over and over and over...


No comments: