Thursday, November 13, 2008

Momma's Weekend Away




Thirty two months. That's how long I've been a mom. Recently, I took a 24-hour trip to the mountains (Blowing Rock, NC) with my friend and neighbor, Caele, for a wedding. Caele is also a mom to two boys (3 yrs. and 8 mos. old). We stayed at the inn where the wedding was held, and it was absolutely gorgeous with the trees at peak color. Although the outdoor ceremony was a tad chilly and very windy, I couldn't have imagined a more beautiful setting. Caele and I enjoyed our first-ever day away from our children with good food, good company, lots of dancing, and maybe a glass of wine (or two) thrown in there. We returned to our families (who survived!) rested and rejuvenated. And we've decided to celebrate our friends' anniversary every year with additional girls-only retreats to the mountains. Can't wait until next year!

No comments: