Monday, October 6, 2008

Jack meets Barney



I read in the paper that Barney would be at the mall, and Rick needed some new shirts and ties anyway, so away we went. While Rick shopped, the boys and I headed toward center court--there was Barney! And there was the line to meet him! Ugh! The good news was we were in line BEFORE it started forming out the door. The bad news? We waited 45 minutes to see him, and as we were pressed up against the velvet ropes--finally! We were next--awaiting our opportunity, a representative announced that Barney would be taking a small break. I panicked and pulled the "But I have two small children who need lunch and naps, couldn't Barney take one more picture? Take-pity-on-us, please" card...to no avail. Off Barney went to his little PVC pipe and tarp tent. So, this was the breakdown: 45-10-45

Waiting in line for Barney: 45 minutes

Faces against velvet rope while Barney took break: 10 minutes

Brush with fame, eternalized by photo: 45 seconds

1 comment:

Linda said...

Ha... the things us Moms do for love. I think I hear a song in there somewhere? Ha.

Jack you look almost as tall as Barney in that picture! And way more handsome, so I think you are the more famous one standing there (at least in my book).

Love ya Jack,
Grandma