Monday, August 25, 2008

Wigglemania!





We took Jack to see The Wiggles this past weekend. That's his friend, Katherine in the pictures with him (she had seats at the other end of our row, but it didn't matter because the little groupies were dancing in the aisle).
When we first got to the arena, Jack was a little overwhelmed--he sat quietly on Rick's lap for the first few minutes of the show until the Big Red Car carrying The Wiggles came out on stage. Then, he stood up (still on Rick's lap) and started waving emphatically with both hands. Rick leaned over to me and said, "His little heart is racing!"
Anthony, the blue Wiggle, read Jackson's poster out loud--"Jackson loves the Wiggles!" Which may have been more exciting for me because I screamed like a little girl at a Beatles concert when he said my child's name. Sam, the yellow Wiggle, came down our aisle, and Jack gave him a high five!
When Jack woke up this morning (two days post-Wiggles), he told Rick, "I went see The Wiggles, Daddy?" I think it'll be a while before we top Wigglemania.

No comments: